For avid fishers, the River Derg is a prime location offering some
of the best fishing waters in Europe. The River Derg is a medium sized
(5-20m) river, which is best known for its Salmon and Sea Trout, although
it has a good head of wild Brown Trout. Salmon and Sea Trout is best from
late May to the end of the season and while the Grilse and Sea Trout will
edge upstream without a flood, some fresh water is required to encourage
runs of fish. Fly fishing, spinning and worming are the permitted methods.
- Evening - Arrive and get settled into your luxury
accommodation overlooking the River Derg.
- Morning - Have breakfast and be provided with your
fishing licence, day's ticket and a packed lunch before being transported
to the start of your fishing trail.
- Late Afternoon - Return to your accommodation where
you can hang up your fishing rods and relax in the outdoor hot tub.
- Evening - As the day draws to a close, enjoy a 3-course
evening meal at the Duke of Abercorn's Baronscourt Estate*. Afterwards, spend
the rest of your evening in the Hotel or return to accommodation.
- Morning - Wake to a relaxing breakfast before returning home.